Banner 468x 60

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Garden Bloggers Muse Day -From Sweet Carolina

" Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning ... "  except maybe when its pouring rain ?   But because of the record breaking heat and drought it's most welcome . There was a gentle but steady rain all night long.  When I went out for my morning walk I saw puddles of water everywhere that the soil didn't absorb.   Oh, no, don't tell me -clay?! Why should I be surprised?



  I feel a close connection to this beautiful state as the first documented record of my Irish ancestors show they purchased 150 acres in Mecklenburg County, ( near Charlotte, hometown of Elizabeth Lawrence )  North Carolina in 1773 for the sum of 80 pounds, a good amount in those days.  Now that's my idea of a country estate.



My daughter and her family are re-locating to the Tarheel state and of course Mawmaw had to go along to make sure her Little Sweetpea, Lea, is well taken care of.   There'll be a lot of adjustments to make but one thing they've already discovered is that its easy to like the polite manners and hospitality of neighbors and the locals . 



Meanwhile I'm looking forward to meeting fellow garden bloggers and visiting some of Carolina's finer gardens.



Leaving you with a video of one of North Carolina's most famous sons and America's country boy from Mt.Airy , Andy Griffith :





















 



















Written by Carolyngail at Sweet Home and Garden Chicago All rights reserved

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Garden Defense | Template Ireng Manis © 2010 Free Template Ajah. Distribution by Dhe Template. Supported by Cash Money Today and Forex Broker Info