Banner 468x 60

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day-Sept.15,2010

Below is the Fall garden project I began on labor day .  I've turned my entire back 40 into an ornamental kitchen garden, combining fruit, flowers, vegetables and herbs.





Garden Bloggers


I've also added blueberries - a Northland and Bluecrop which is planted in almost total acidic pine fines.  Its hard to get enough acid for blueberries so I'm adding an acidifier as well.





Garden Bloggers
Bluecrop Blueberry -one of the finest cultivars.


My pattypan or scallopini squash is bearing its second crop.




Garden Bloggers




Sweet Autumn clematis has bloomed and is sending its fragrance all over the garden.




Garden Bloggers


The tomatoes are still ripening and I'm waiting for the eggplant to bear.  Of course I'll pull some tomatoes green to fry up.


The weather has been fantastic and there is still much to do before the snow flies. At our annual garden center sidewalk sale I bought a coldframe and vegetable and herb seeds for Spring planting. 


Happy September bloom day to all.  Visit Carol at Maydreams Gardens to see what's blooming all across the US of A.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Garden Defense | Template Ireng Manis © 2010 Free Template Ajah. Distribution by Dhe Template. Supported by Cash Money Today and Forex Broker Info