Banner 468x 60

Sunday, July 18, 2010

GARDEN BLOGGERS' BLOOM DAY : JUNE

This June has produced more rain than April.  So much so that  I'm picking mushrooms out of my garden. Lea's Irish grandparents are here and they swear that we ordered this weather to make them feel at home.



It's amazing how much the garden has grown since I planted it last May.







GARDEN BLOGGERS
  Blue salvia is in bloom, daylillies in bud




GARDEN BLOGGERS


The reason I love Dianthus : these annuals came back from last year.  That's garden inspector Jojo on the job. 




GARDEN BLOGGERS
I ditched the idea of a trumpet creeper vine and instead planted a grape vine and patty pan squash to climb over my shade structure. So we'll be eating squash and drinking vino.


And what would June be without roses ?


GARDEN BLOGGERS


Thanks to my neighbor who has this beautiful Canadian climbing rose on our fence.




GARDEN BLOGGERS


And thanks to the gardeners in the neighborhood whose roses captivated me on my daily walkabout.  Happy June garden bloggers !  Now go visit Carol over at May Dreams Gardens and see what's blooming all over the US of A .


Written by Carolyngail at Sweet Home and Garden Chicago All rights reserved

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Garden Defense | Template Ireng Manis © 2010 Free Template Ajah. Distribution by Dhe Template. Supported by Cash Money Today and Forex Broker Info